Darbosis 40mcg is the trade name for darbepoetin alfa Darbosis 40mcg is a biologic response modifier. It is an erythropoiesis stimulating protein. Darbosis 40mcg injection causes the bone marrow to produce RBCs. If the body does not produce enough red blood cells, serious Anemia can occur. This often present in people with chronic kidney failure whose kidneys are not functioning properly.
1ml in a Vial
Darbosis 40mcg is indicated for the treatment in patients with Anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Darbosis 40mcg is indicated for the treatment in patients with Anemia is caused by chemotherapy cancer treatment but it is a support medication, it will not treat cancer.
Darbosis 40mcg is indicated for the treatment in patients with Symptomatic Anemia associated with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
Mechanism of action
Darbepoetin alfa provoke erythropoiesis by the same mechanism as endogenous erythropoietin. Erythropoietin combines with progenitor stem cells to raise red cell production.
Binding of erythropoietin to the erythropoietin receptor causes to receptor dimerization, that facilitates activation of JAK-STAT indicating pathways within the cytosol.
Signal transducers and activators of transcription (Activated STAT) proteins are then translocated to the nucleus where they supply as transcription factors which controls the activation of genes contains in cell division or differentiation.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of this medicine will be varied for different patients.
Anemia from chronic kidney failure
The dose preferred for adults and children – dose mainly based on body weight The initial dose is 0.45 to 0.75 mcg/kg of body weight injected via IV or SC (under the skin) once a week or once every week. Your doctor may adjust the dose as needed
Anemia from cancer chemotherapy
For adult: dose is based on body weight The initial dose is 2.25mcg once every 3 weeks injected under the skin. The dose for children and use should be determined by your doctor
The side effects caused by Darbosis 40mcg as follows,
Common side effects
Shortness of breath, Cough, Low blood pressure during dialysis, Pain in abdominal, Edema of the arms or legs.
Serious side effects
Hypertension, Seizures, Serious allergic reaction: wheezing, dizziness, skin rash, itching.
- Darbosis 40mcg injection will causes high mortality, myocardial infarction, stroke, and thromboembolism: Using ESAs to target a haemoglobin level of greater than 11 g/dL raises the risk of severe adverse cardiovascular reactions
- Darbosis 40mcg injection will leads to known porphyria, sickle cell Anemia, thalassemia in patients
- Reduction of dose if Hgb increase exceeds 1 g/dL in any 2-week period
- Higher the mortality and/or increased risk of tumor progression or relapsed in patients with cancer
- The drug has high risk for seizures in patients with CKD; increase monitoring of these patients for changes in seizure frequency or premonitory symptoms
- If serious Anemia and low reticulocyte count occurs during treatment, withhold treatment and check out for pure red cell aplasia.